Cruise missile styling and unique nose cone design make this kit stand out!
- 10/21/1999 – Purchased Quest Evader from Hobbylinc for $5.33 (Retail $7.29)
- 11/26/2002 – Kit was opened on 3/7/2002. During kit inventory, found an extra nose cone base and put it in the spare parts range box. Marked the yellow engine tube the width of the engine block and used it to determine where the 1/8″ slot should be on the engine mount tube. Placed the red centering ring over the engine hook at 1/2″ marks from each end. Glued centering rings in place. Glued engine block flush with forward end of motor mount tube. Filleted rings and allow to dry overnight. Made copy of body tube marking guide and cut it out. Tied shock cord to Kevlar cord and tied other end of Kevlar cord to motor mount. Ran cords throught the ring so it was between the ring and motor mount tube. Pulled cord taught against center ring.
- 11/27/2002 – Removed balsa fins from stock sheet and sanded edges smooth. Marked body tube and glued engine mounut in place. Lined up clip with upper fin mark. Glued fins in place and filleted all fin joints. Glued launch lug along lower fin unit. Constructed 12″ parachute and attached snap swivel.
- 07/01/2003 – Coated balsa parts with balsa filler.
- 07/08/2003 – Sanded balsa filler using 400 grit sandpaper.
- 07/10/2003 – Applied second coat of balsa filler.
- 07/12/2003 – Sanded second coat with 400 grit sandpaper.
- 11/22/2003 – Removed nose cone and spray painted the rest of the model with Krylon Gloss White.
- 01/24/2004 – Cut out self adhesive decals and applied all but two to model. Need to paint a white area on each fin before applying the last two decals. Touched up the white areas. Masked the top and bottom of both sides and painted the exposed section with testors #2511 Gloss Dark Blue Enamel Paint Marker.
- 01/25/2004 – Removed masking tape. This completes construction of the Quest Evader model rocket #2001.