The Quest Bright Hawk model rocket is Big, Simple & Sturdy! The Bright Hawk is the largest Level 1 model rocket in the Quest fleet. The plastic one-piece fin unit and self adhesive decals make this large model rocket ready to fly in a short time. You can enjoy many flights with this sturdy model rocket.
- Length: 12.5″
- Diameter: 1.378″
- Recovery: 14″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-3,5, C12-6, D16-6,8
- 05/28/2005 – Purchased Quest Bright Hawk from Hobby Lobby for $6.74 (Retail $9.99)
- 10/07/2005 – Took pictures of package, rocket parts, decals and plans. Measured parts and recorded on page 154 Book #2. Marked each end of motor mount tube 1/2″ from each end. Placed motor clip in tube slit and held in place with masking tape. Tied Kevlar around clip and motor mount tube. Applied glue at the 1/2″ marks and slide centering ring into the clue. Place the Kevlar end through the engine mount tube. Filleted one side of each centering ring joints.
- 10/08/2005 – Filleted other side of centering ring joints. Fitted motor mount assembly until tube is even with body tube. Tied the elastic shock cord and Kevlar cord together. Test fit the yellow fin can to body tube and then glued in place. Cut the flange material from the nose cone and tied the other end of the elastic shock cord to nose cone. Did not construct the 14″ parachute because have enough.
- 10/10/2005 – Applied decals. This completes construction of Quest Bright Hawk model rocket #1017.