Quest Big Betty is a classic model rocket kit featuring balsa wood fins and the largest diameter body tube in the Level I product line. This is one of our most popular model rockets – so if you’re looking for a nice big rocket that flies like a dream
- Length: 23″
- Diameter: 1.576″
- Weight: 4 oz.
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C12-4, C12-6, D16-6, D16-8
- 10/21/1999 – Purchased Quest Big Betty from Hobbylinc for $7.30 (Retail $9.99)
- 03/12/2000 – Opened kit. Removed fins from balsa stock. Scanned decal, fin and nose cone. Tied Kevlar and elastic cord together and attached Kevlar around engine block. Glued engine block to engine tube with Elmer’s Yellow Glue. Measured 1/2″ from both end of engine tube. Placed engine hook onto engine mount tube through slit in tube and held in place with a piece of masking tape and filleted with yellow glue.
- 03/13/2000 – Glued engine mount assembly to the body tube so it extends 1/4″.
- 03/14/2000 – Glued fins to body tube along guide lines and filleted joints.
- 03/15/2000 – Glued launch lug and filleted to body tube. Tied nose cone to elastic shock cord.
- 06/08/2000 – Coated, let dry and sanded fins with balsa filler several times. Painted with Krylon Gloss White #1501, the fins, body tube and nose cone.
- 10/20/2000 – Applied masking tape 7″ from rear and covered the rear with a plastic bag. Painted nose and upper body tube with Krylon Citrus Yellow #1815.
- 10/22/2000 – Masked all of model except fins and spray painted the 3 fins with Krylon Citrus Yellow #1815.
- 10/27/2000 – Applied self adhesive decals and completed 14″ parachute construction. This completes construction of Quest Big Betty.