This is a modification of Quest Big Betty. The centering rings were beefed up with wooden instead of cardboard and epoxy was used instead of glue. The engine block was left out so a longer motor could be used. This will allow for a higher impulse motor.
- Length: 23″
- Diameter: 1.576″
- 07/08/2000 – Purchased Quest Big Betty from Hobbylinc for $6.55 (Retail $9.99)
- 08/18/2000 – Cut centering rings from 1/8″ basswood stock.
- 08/20/2000 – Marked motor mount tube 3/4″ and 1″ from each end. Epoxied centering rings in place with 30 minute epoxy.
- 08/21/2000 – Filleted each side of centering rings. Epoxied motor mount assembly into body tube with 30 minute epoxy.
- 08/22/2000 – Filleted aft centering ring joint with 5 minute epoxy.