QUEST Model #2003
The Apollo is a unique fantasy kit scale-look sport payloader.
- Length: 27″
- Diameter: 1.18″
- Weight: 2.0oz.
- Recovery: Dual 12″ parachutes
- Plastic nose cone
- Plastic fin unit
- Flights to 600 feet!
- Recommended Motor:
- B6-2, B6-4, C6-3, C6-5
- 10/21/1999 – Purchased Quest Apollo from Hobbylinc for $8.76 (Retail $11.99)
- 01/13/2001 – The kit was opened and items were checked against the parts list. Substituted the centering rings and engine clip from spare parts. The green centering rings are more sturdy and the engine clip is heftier. Kevlar cord was tied around the engine tube after the engine clip was mounted. The engine ring was glued to the engine tube in the forward end so the Kevlar was between the tube and engine ring.
- 01/014/2001 – Glued motor mount into tube. Glued the centering ring to the motor mount tube. Filleted the top centering ring.
- 01/15/2001 – Filleted the bottom centering ring. Glued motor mount assembly to lower body tube so it extends 1/4″ from the lower body tube.
- 01/16/2001 – Filleted bottom centering ring joint with the body tube. This model is complete except for the two 12″ parachutes which will be placed in the spare parts box due to the large number of quest parachutes ready for use.