Semroc Model #KV-49
The Lil Ivan was initially released in 1982. The Retro Repro was updated by using laser cut fins instead of die cut fins. The nose cone was replaced with a balsa nose cone and the body tube sizes were changed. The original rubber shock cord was replaced with elastic cord and the method for attaching the shock cord was replaced with a Kevlar cord.
- Length: 8.70″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 5.00 oz.
- Recovery: Streamer
- Fin: Balsa
- Fin Span: 7.00″
- Decals: Water Slide
- Nose Cone: Balsa
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B6-4, C6-5
- 03/12/2005 – Purchased Semroc Lil Ivan at NARCON 2005 for $8.50 (Retail $8.50)
- 07/03/2006 – Took pictures of package, opened it and took pictures of components. Scanned fin sheet, nose cone, decals and instructions.
- 07/08/2006 – Tied Kevlar around the engine hook and inserted into engine tube slot. Punched out engine mount centering rings and glued one 3/4″ from forward end of motor tube and the other one 1″ from rear of motor mount tube. Filleted both sides at the joints. Removed fins from stock and sanded root edge flat. Rounded leading edge and tapered trailing edge. Using the Estes tube marking guide, marked for fin placement. Drew fin lines using door jamb as a guide. Glued fins to main body tube even with the rear of the body tube. Using a Q-tip, spread a ring of glue at position inside body tube where motor mount centering ring will be. Inserted motor mount assembly into rear of body tube so it was even with the body tube. Filleted centering ring joints. Sanded shoulder of nose cone so it just fit into the body tube. Glued launch lug half way between two fins even with the rear. Filleted fin joints.
- 07/10/2006 – Filleted one side of launch lug.
- 07/12/2006 – Filleted last fin joint.
- 03/02/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon Black Primer.
- 10/22/2022 – Sanded nose cone and fins with yellow emery board and wiped down with alcohol wiper.Spray painted entire model with Krylon #3429 Gloss White.
- 10/23/2022 – Resprayed entire model with Krylon #3429 Gloss White. Sanded roughness off using a yellow emery board and repainted with Gloss White.
- 1 0/24/2022 – Applied water slide decals using photo card and instructions a guides. Took pictures of completed rocket. This completes construction of Semroc #KV-49 Lil Ivan.