The Semroc Hydra VII was designed in 1969 to be a high performance large cluster payload rocket. Named after a multi-headed monster in Greek mythology, the Hydra was a monster of a rocket with seven C engines. The Retro-Repo Hydra VII was updated by using laser cut balsa fins and a Kevlar shock cord attachment. The original paper augmenter shroud has been replaced by a much sturdier spiral tube. The original two 12″ parachuted have been increased to three.
- Length: 30.5″
- Diameter: 1.64″
- Weight: 5.2 oz.
- Decals: Colorful Waterslide
- Fin : Laser Cut Balsa
- Fin Span: 6.9″
- Nose Cone: Precision Turned Balsa
- Recovery: 3 x 12″ Parachutes
- Recommended Motors: 7 x C6-7
- 03/08/2004 – Purchased Semroc Hydra VII from Semroc for $23.00 (Retail $23.00)
- 07/08/2004 – Opened kit to scan plans for Dave.