The Semroc Texas Firefly is a beautiful 175% upscale of the Semroc Firefly and is a Retro-Repro clone of the original Centuri Firefly 2-stage rocket. Combining elegance with a beautiful simplicity of line, the Texas Firefly flies wonderfully on standard 18mm black powder motors with a unique gap-staging design to enable reliable upper stage motor ignition.
- Length: 9.00″
- Diameter: 0.91″
- Weight: 4.00 oz.
- Recovery: Streamer
- Fin: Balsa
- Fin Span: 4.90″
- Nose Cone: Balsa
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-4, B6-6, C6-7
- 10/27/2004 – Purchased Semroc FireFly from Semroc for $10.00 (Retail $10.00)
- 01/26/2007 – Scanned in components.
- 01/28/2007 – Measured components and recorded on page 52 Book #3.
- 10/25/2007 – Glued thrust block in on end of motor mount tube. Glued tube coupler with hol 7/16″ from other end. Glued centering ring 1/8″ from tube coupler and other centering ring even with end with engine block. Marked booster body tube 7/16″ from edge and glued it into booster stage body tube. Marked booster and sustainer tube aft ends with fin guide lines. Glued booster engine tube assemgbly into booster body tube with aft ends even. Glued and filleted booster fins. Cut out paper shroud for booster section. Tied on end of Kevlar cord to thrust block and inserted it into the forward end of the sustainer engine tube until even with end of body tube. Marked engine mount tube 5/8″ from aft end. Pulled Kevlar cord through engine tube. Glued one centering ring even with forward end and other centering ring 5/8″ from forward end of engine mount tube. When dry glued engine mount tube even with end of sustainer tube. Glued and filleted supstainer fins along fine guidelines. Glued nose weight to base of nose cone and screwed screw eye into nose cone base.
- 10/26/2007 – Glued launch lug 3/8″ from aft end of sustainer tube along fin of body tube joint. Glued wooden dowels to edges of booster fins.
- 01/29/2012 – Damaged 2 fins when storage bin slide off and hit model. Will require 2 new fins.