The BatRok is a Semroc Retro Repro series kit that is an updated version of the Centuri BatRok kit KB-8 from 1967. The original design was inspired by the original Batman television series and also includes a payload bay.
- Length: 12.00″
- Diameter: 0.759″
- Weight: 0.60 oz.
- Recovery: Parachute
- Decals: Waterslide
- Fin Span: 4.00″
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-5, B6-6, C6-7
- 03/12/2005 – Purchased Semroc BatRok from NARCON 2005 for $0.00 (Retail $24.99)
- 01/12/2007 – Took pictures of package, opened package and took pictures of contents. Scanned components and traced fins and recorded measurements on page 50 Kook #3.
- 01/13/2007 – Tied black Kevlar cord around thrust ring and glued it into the rear of the body tube 2-1/2″. Allowed glue to dry. Pushed nose cone into clear payload section. Applied thick CA around inside of payload section just into the end and pushed with a slight twisting motion the tube coupler until half way inside the clear payload tube. Allowed to dry. Sanded root edge of all fins. Glued main fin even with aft end of main body tube. Made a fin marking template by wrapping a piece of paper around the body tube and marking off the circumference length into eights. Cut out the template and wrapped it around the body tube and marked the body tube. Extended the lines using a door jamb. Glued and ligned the 4 main fins to the body tube. Glued upper fins to front edge of main body tube along fin lines. Glued screw eye into rear of tube coupler. Filleted first set of fins both front and rear.
- 01/14/2007 – Finished filleting fin joints. Glued launch lug halfway between two fins and even with the rear of the body tube.
- 11/26/2011 – Reglued fin to body tube. Ran a fillet of glue in fin joint to reinforce the fin to the body tube. Repaired the broken black shock cord with thicker yellow Kevlar and round elastic shock cord.
- 09/15/2013 – Repaired fin that broke off cleanly from body tube at 09/14/2013 launch. Filleted joint.