ROCKET VISION Model #0018
Heavy duty rocket with phenolic body tube will take quite a bit of abuse. Rocket has a future, jet fighter type of appearance
- Length: 22.5″
- Diameter: 1.125″
- Weight: 3.75 oz.
- Recovery: 10″ Nylon Parachute
- Recommended Motors: D12-7
- 07/05/1999 – Purchased Rocket Vision Star-Fire from Rocket Vision for $19.75 (Retail $19.75)
- 02/03/2002- Open kit. All parts present. Scanned plans, wings, ram jet and decal. Took pictures. Drew into logbook on page 118 Book #1. Epoxied engine mount into body tube end with fin slots. Used 2 ton Devcon Epoxy. Reamed nose cone holes for crossbar, with 80 grit sandpaper rolled onto a cylinder. Inserted bar, sanded edges smooth so it would fit into body tube and cemented it in place with Testors liquid cement #3512. Set the body tube on a paper card to dry and placed the nose cone upside down in body tube so it would dry undisturbed.
- 02/11/2002 – Tied one end of the shorted, thicker Kevlar to the crossbar located inside the nose cone and tie the other end to a ring. After sanding the ram jet G10 so the piece would fit into the wings and the buttons into the side pieces, epoxied the side to the wings and the bottom to the sides.
- 02/15/2002 – Epoxied the fins to the body tube and tips to the fins.
- 02/16/2002 – Epoxied launch lug 3-1/2″ from rear of body tube.
- 09/28/2002 – Painted rocket Glossy White with Krylon #1501.
- 10/07/2002 – Painted entire rocket with second coat of Glossy White.
- 10/19/2002 – Cut out water slide decals and applied to rocket. This completes construction of Star-Fire model rocket kit.