Rugged Rockets kits are heavy duty and well constructed. The body tube is phenolic and stand great stress. The nose cone is heavy and hard plastic. This rocket will last a long time.and withstand lots of flights. The ring fin gives this model a futuristic look.
- 07/05/1999 – Purchased Rocket Vision Solar-Venture from Rocket Vision for $18.25 (Retail $18.25)
- 01/29/2002 – Open kit and check out parts. Took pictures of parts in kit.
- 01/31/2002 – Epoxied fins and rings with 2 ton Devcon Epoxy.
- 02/01/2002 – Removed excess epoxy and re-epoxied ring to fins.
- 02/11/2002 – Tied one end of the thicker Kevlar shorter piece to the crossbar inside the nose cone and tied the other end to a ring.
- 02/16/2002 – Epoxied launch lug 3-1/2″ from rear of body tube using Devcon 2 ton epoxy. Awaiting paint.
- 09/25/2002 – Sprayed #1501 Krylon Gloss White on model.
- 10/18/2002 – Cut out water slide decals. With some difficulty applied to rocket. Did not apply decals to back side. The lower ring decal broke twice. Tried to splice as best as could but left a small gap. This completes construction of Solar-Venture rocket kit.
|03/09/2013||Sod Farm||BS64||D12-5||Good Flight. Parachute deployed and the model was missing the nose cone upon recovery. Later found the nose cone while looking for the booster stage of the Aztec.|