RED RIVER ROCKETRY Model #K-004
8 fins, futuristic styling, menacing looks–what’s not to like?
- Length : 22″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Recovery: Parachute
- Weight: 2.90 oz.
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, B8-5, C6-5
- 03/10/2006 – Purchased Red River Rocketry Predator from Red River Rocketry for $24.00 (Retail – $24.00)
- 07/03/2006 – Took pictures of package, opened package and took pictures of components. Scanned various pieces and instructions.
- 07/16/2006 – Copied tube marking guide sheet. Cut out tube and fin marking guides. Removed fins from fin sheet.
- 07/17/2006 – Glued wings upper and lower halves together as per instructions after sanding edges smooth. Used a piece of wax paper underneath glue joints to keep glue from sticking to table top. Cut a 24″ piece of 0.026″ Kevlar Cord for part of recovery system. Marked edge of motor tube with 1/8″ slot/engine block mark from forward edge of tube. Inserted engine holder into slot and held in place with piece of 1/2″ masking tape. Tied one end of Kevlar cord to engine block and glued it into the forward end of engine tube flush with the forward end. Secured double knot in Kevlar with Yellow Elmer’s Wood Glue. glued one centering ring 3/4″ from rear of motor tube and the other ring joint behind engine holder slot on forward end of motor tube. Filleted one side of centering ring joints.
- 07/18/2006 – Filleted other centering ring joints. Marked cotton tipped applicator for position inside body tube glue joints of centering ring placement. Placed a ring of glue at rear area of centering ringe and front area of centering ring. Toed shock cord to Kevlar cord. Wrapped marking guide around each pod, marked cut angle and fin guide on each. Cut angles into each pod, sanded smooth and got ready for attachment ot main body tube/wing guide lines. Glued pods so shorter portions is glued to body tube. Sanded all 6 fin edges. Epoxied washer to base of nose cone with 5 minute epoxy. Glued screw eye to base of nose cone. Glued wing to pods.
- 07/19/2006 – Glued second wing to pod and small fin to body tube guide line. Glued 4 of 6 fins to body tube and body tube/pod areas.
- 07/20/2006 – Glued remaining fins to body tube/pod areas. Filleted one side of both wings.
- 07/21/2006 – Filleted other side of both wings. filleted on side of fin/fin joint. Cut launch lug in half. Filleted 2 fins on one side. filled 2 fins on other side. Filleted 4 fins on one side.
- 07/22/2006 – Filleted final fin joints. Glued launch lug inside pod tube.