The P-Chuter is an easy to build and fun-to-fly rocket. Whether
you’re a first-time builder, or an experienced modeler, you’ll
enjoy the easy construction and great flights this rocket has to
offer! Be the first on your rocket field with a truly unique rocket!
Length 20.5 in. (520.7mm)
Diameter 0.976 in. (24.79mm)
Weight 1.25 ounces (35.44g)
A8-3, B4-4, B6-6, B8-5, C6-7
Flights up to 1,100 feet!
Full-color waterslide decals.
- 03/10/2006 – Purchased Red River Rocketry PChuter from Red River Rocketry for $24.00 (Retail – $24.00)
- 08/05/2006 – Photographed package and components. Scanned fins, decal, template, plans, centering ring and photo card.
- 08/06/2006 – Took measurements and recorded on page 40 Book #3. Removed fins from fin stock, sanded leading edge round and trailing edge tapered. Marked motor mount tube using engine block from forward end. Cut a 1/8″ slit at mark with Xecto Knife Blade. Inserted motor retainer clip into slot and taped in place with masking tape. Marked engine mount tube 3/4″ from both ends. Sanded centering ring to fit motor mount tube. Placed in tube, a 3/4″ mark and filleted centering ring joints. Glued engine block in place. Using a long cotton swab, ran a line of yellow wood glue inside the body tube where the forward centering ring be located. Pushed the motor assembly into the body tube until the end of the motor mount tube was even with the body tube. Glued fins to fin alignment guide lines placed on body tube guide template and aligning the launch lug with the motor clip.
- 08/07/2006- Filleted fin joints.
- 08/08/2006 – Cut launch lug in half and glued one half 8″ from the rear edge and the other half even with the rear edge. Affixed screw eye to balsa nose cone. Filleted one side of launch lug joint with yellow wood gule.
- 08/09/2006 – Filleted other side of launch lug joint. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside forward edge of body tube 2″.