POLECAT ROCKETRY Model #
This is an upscale of the classic BT-5 Estes Mosquito, about 10x upscale.
- Length: 40″
- Width: 5.5″
- Weight: 90 oz
- Recovery: 36″
- 54mm motors
- Parts List
- Body Tube – 22″ x 5-5/16″ ID, 5-5/8″ OD, with 3 fin slots 1/4″ from aft edge, 1/4″ x 9-3/8″
- MMT – 54mm
- Centering Rings
- SC – Nylon 9/16″ x 12′
- 1010 rail buttons
- No parachute was included in kit
- 03/16/2008 – Purchased Polecat Rocketry Skeeter 5.5″ from Nocturnal Knight Rocketry for $90.00 (Retail – $99.95)
- 12/23/2022 – Took pictures and scanned in package and components. Measurements were recorded in Book #4 pages 122, 124, 126, and 130.
- 12/24/2022 – Epoxied center rings to motor mount tube. Attached motor retainer to aft end of motor mount tube with Harbor Freight Super Weld epoxy. Attached U-bolt to upper centering ring and locked in place with epoxy. Tied shock cord to U-bolt and secured with epoxy. Attached other U-bolt to smaller centering ring and secured with epoxy.
- 12/27/2022 – Inserted motor mount assembly into body tube and filleted aft joint with epoxy.
- 12/28/2022 – Filleted forward centering ring with epoxy.
- 12/29/2022 – Epoxied first fin to motor mount tube through body tube slot with 2-Ton epoxy.
- 12/30/2022 – Epoxied second fin to motor mount tube through slot in body tube with 2-Ton epoxy. Modified third fin by cutting out a piece so it would fit around U-bolt nut because it is in the way of attaching the third fin. I was not aware of it being in line of one of the fin slots in the main body tube before the epoxy set up. Epoxied third fin to motor mount tube through slot in main body tube.