PERFORMANCE ROCKETRY Model #
Standard three fins and nose cone fiberglass rocket with G10 fins.
- Length: 89.7″
- Diameter: 3″
- Airframe: 3″ x 48″ G10 Fiberglass
- Payload: 3″ x 24″ G10 Fiberglass
- Coupler: 3″ x 9″ G10 Fiberglass
- MMT: 54mm 16″ G10 Fiberglass
- Fins: 3 – 1/8″ G10 Fiberglass Beveled
- Centering Rings: G10 Fiberglass
- Bulk Plates: G10 Fiberglass
- Nose Cone: 5:1 Ogive
- Recovery: Parachute
- 01/11/2009 – Purchased Performance Rocketry Competitor 3″ from Nocturnal Knight Rocketry for $129.00 (Retail $139.00). This kit does not come with any instructions.
- 01/22/2023 – Took pictures of components and scanned fin, centering ring, bulk disk and specification sheet. Measured components and recorded in book #4 page 142. Epoxied 54mm motor retainer to aft end of motor tube with Harbor Freight Epoxy Super Weld #68346.
- 01/23/2023 – Cleaned fiberglass tubes with alcohol wipers inside and outside using a bottle brush tape to a four foot wooden dowel. Epoxied first centering ring against retainer, second centering ring 12″ forward of retainer, and third centering ring 1/8″ from forward end. Filleted both sides of each centering ring with epoxy.
- 01/30/2023 – Cut two 1″ Nylon Shock Cords from bulk roll, and sewed one “D” link to one shock cord with Kevlar thread. On the other shock cord sewed a “D” link to each end.