The G3 is a bare-bones 3FNC dual-deploy kit with high-quality G10 fiberglass parts.
The kit comes with a gel coated 3:1 ogive fiberglass nose cone, two sections of 3″ G10 airframe tube (22″ long payload and 44″ long booster), 3 clipped-delta fins, a 12″ long 54mm motor mount tube, two centering rings, five bulk plates, and a 6″ coupler/aviation bay. All of the flat G10 parts are 3/32″ thick.
- 09/13/2008 – Purchased Performance Rocketry G-3 from Nocturnal Knight Rocketry for $119.00 (Retail – $119.00)
- 09/20/2008 – Took pictures and measurements of model. Sanded centering ring centers to fit motor mount tube. Epoxied upper centering ring to motor mount tube with 30 minute epoxy.
- 10/07/2008 – Applied 30 minute epoxy inside body tube joint above sin slot and inserted motor mount assembly into body tube so the upper centering ring just passes the upper edge of the fin slot.
- 04/17/2010 – Spray painted model with Yellow, Orange, and Blue. Sprayed nose cone Black.
- 08/22/2010 – Added 2″ x 10″ holographic Funky/Silver FFSS912 Self adhesive strip. This completes construction th the G-3 from Performance Rocketry.