FLIS KITS Model #FR002
This kit consists of three flying spacecraft, Athena, Persephone, and Odysseus.
Length: Persepone: 1.91″
Diameter: Persephone: 3.93″
Weight: ~0.75 oz each
Recommended Engine: A10-0T
- 12/29/2003 – Purchased FlisKits #FR002 Triple Threat from FlisKits for $10.74 (Retail – $11.95).
- 11/04/2005 – Took pictures of package and parts.
- 11/05/2005 – Scanned instructions, fin guide and photo card.
- 01/02/2006 – Athena; Glued an old used “T” motor casing to the center of the fin alignment guide. Cut out the left and right fin patterns and the shroud pattern. Still need to remove areas. Cut out tubes wrapping pattern. Removed shroud areas. Cut out all leading edges and removed the backing and placed all left fin patterns onto the 1/16″ balsa sheet. Removed excess area from fins. It took a lot of patience cutting to remove the curved areas. Applied the fight fin patterns to the other side of the balsa fins. Trimmed each fin as required. Remove body tube wrap backing and applied it to the body tube. Placed the body tube over the used engine and set height using a fin so the bottom of the fin matched the bottom of the fin area on the body tube. Placed the body tube over the used engine and set height using a fin so the bottom of the fin matched the bottom of the fin area of the body tube. Attached all 5 fins using the fin alignment guide.
- 01/04/2006 – Athena; Scored the 4 corners and 5 flair seams using a sharp punch like retractable point. Connected the body together at the glue tab. Glued shroud to the fin tips. Glued 5 flairs to body tube.
- 01/05/2006 – Athena; Started bending wire for the feet. Found it difficult to bend using just pliers.
- 02/05/2006 – Athena; Bent all remaining wire to form feet.
- 02/06/2006 – Athena; Glued 3 of the 5 wire feet to the fin joints.
- 02/07/2006 – Glued remaining wire feet to the fin joints. Glued launch lug to tube fin joint with Elmer’s yellow glue.
- 02/08/2006 – Athena; Filleted launch lug. This completes construction the the Athena #FR002P flying saucer from the Triple Threat Kit
- 02/08/2006 – Persephone; Cut out large and small shrouds.
- 02/10/2006 – Persephone; Cut out fin patterns, applied to stock and then cut out fins to shape. Attached fins to body tube.
- 02/11/2006 – Persephone; Glued small and large rings. Bent wire legs to shape and glued to fins. This completes construction of the Persephone Model FR002R.
- 02/12/2006 – Odysseus; Cut out shrouds and fin patterns. Attached the fin patterns to balsa sheet as per instructions.
- 02/13/2006 – Odysseus; Cut out fins from balsa sheet and attached to each fin.
- 02/14/2006 – Odysseus; Glued large fins to body tube and then glued small fins to body tube.
- 02/15/2006 – Odysseus; Glued shroud to leading edge of fins. Glued lower panel to fins.
- 02/18/2006 – Odysseus; bent 3 wire into antenna legs and glued them to the small fins. This completes construction of the Triple Threat Kit, Odysseus flying saucer #FR002H.