Payloader! Transparent red tube holds important insect or small biological experiments. Easy to build and fly; makes a great beginner kit. Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, laser-cut balsa fins, and 12″ parachute recovery. Includes pressure sensitive decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flights of over 1000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
|Length||15.5″ (39.4 cm)|
|Diameter||0.976″ (24.8 cm)|
|Weight||1.07 oz (30.37 g)|
|Nose Cone||Injection-molded plastic|
|Engines||A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7|
- 06/22/2004 – Purchased Custom Skybird (#10041) from Hobbylinc for $7.59 (Retail – 8.94)
- 10/20/2005 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned nose cone, fin sheet, centering rings, engine block and decal.
- 10/21/2005 – Scanned instructions and decal without protective sheet. Recorded component measurements on page 138 Book #2.
- 10/27/2005 – Modified kit from 18mm to 24mm. The engine block was glued in place 2-1/2″ from the aft end of body tube. The body tube was marked for 4 fins which were glued in place after shaping. The red payload section was placed over the black adapter after the screw eye was attached to the bottom of the adapter. The nose cone was place on the other end of the red clear payload tube. One set of fins were filleted.
- 10/28/2005 – Filleted remaining fins. Glued and filleted launch lug 3-1/4″ from end.
- 10/30/2005 – Balsa filled fins.
- 08/26/2006 – Painted nose cone Krylon Banner Red Gloss #2108. Painted fins and body Krylon Gloss White #1501.