CUSTOM Model #10038
The Serin is a scale-like surface-to-air missile. It looks realistic on the launch pad and in the air. Easy to build and fly, it makes a great beginner kit. The kit features a blow molded plastic nose cone, die-cut balsa fins, 12″ parachute, precision water-slide decals, and a quick-release engine mount. Flights of over 1000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
- Decals: Waterslide
- Diameter (in): 0.9760 (BT‑50)
- Fin Material: Balsa
- Length (in): 14.3000
- Weight (oz): 1.0700
- Recovery: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 06/22/2004 – Purchased the Custom Serin (#10038) from Hobbylinc for $7.59 (Retail – $8.94)
- 10/20/2005 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned nose cone, end plate, adapter, fin sheet, centering ring, engine block, and decal.
- 10/21/2005 – Scanned instructions and decal without protective sheet. Recorded component measurements on page 148 Book #2.
- 10/25/2005 – Inserted engine hook into a slit 1/8″ and 1/4″ from forward end of engine tube. Glued motor mount center ring 1/2″ from each end. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued engine block even with forward end of motor mount tube. Marked long body tube using Estes marking guide. Glued tube coupler into upper body tube so one half of coupler remained outside of aft end. Glued motor mount assembly into body tuve so the engine holder was half way between fin guidelines. glued one end of shock cord to shock cord mount and then 1-1/2″ inside forward end of body tube.
- 10/26/2005 – Rounded leading edge of fins and tapered trailing edge of fins before gluing sanded root edge and surface area smooth with emory board. After gluing all 4 fins and allowing to dry filleted fins. Blued on launch lug and then filled joints. Put parachute together.
- 10/30/2005 – Balsa filled fins.
- 03/15/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.