CUSTOM Model #10040
Scale-like, surface-to-air missile! Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, die-cut balsa fins, and 12” parachute recovery. Includes precision water-slide decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flights over 1,000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
- Length: 14.5″
- Diameter: 0.975″
- Weight: 0.97 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Die Cut Balsa
- Nose Cone: Injection Molded Plastic
- Decal: Pressure Sensitive
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 04/21/2006 – Purchased Custom #10040 Raven from Hobbylinc for $7.59 (Retail – $8.94)
- 04/30/2006 – Took pictures of package and contents. Installed engine holder into slot 1/4″ from forward end of engine mount tube. Glued engine block even with forward end of tube. Glued centering rings 1/2″ from forward and rear ends of motor tube. Marked body tube using Estes Marking Guide. Glued motor mount int rear of body tube. Glued shock cord into mount and then into the upper body tube. Glued tube coupler at 1/2″ mark. and into the upper body tube section.
- 05/01/2006 – Fin measurements on page 18 of Book #3.
- 05/03/2006 – Applied first set of fins and filleted the joints.
- 05/04/2006- Finished applying remaining fins and filleted them.
- 06/16/2006 – Glued launch lug 4″ from rear of body tube between fins opposite engine holder.
- 03/14/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.
- 02/12/2023 – Sanded model with 120 and 220, grit sandpaper. Wiped with alcohol wiper.
- 02/20/2023 – Spray painted lower 2-1/2″ of body tube and fins with Krylon #51601 Gloss Black.
- 02/21/2023 – Spray painted upper body tube and nose cone with Krylon #8803 Gloss Banner Red.
- 04/17/2023 – Applied water slide decals using photo card as guide. This completes construction of Custom #10040, Raven model rocket. Took picture of finished rocket.