Scale-like, surface-to-air missile! Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, die-cut balsa fins, and 12” parachute recovery. Includes precision water-slide decals and quick-release engine mount for fast engine change. Flights over 1,000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
|Length||14.5” (36.83 cm)|
|Diameter||0.976″ (24.8 cm)|
|Weight||0.94 oz (26.58 g)|
|Nose Cone||Injection-molded plastic|
|Engines||A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7|
- 04/21/2006 – Purchased Custom Raven from Hobbylinc for $7.59 (Retail – $8.94)
- 04/30/2006 – Took pictures of package and contents. Installed engine holder into slot 1/4″ from forward end of engine mount tube. Glued engine block even with forward end of tube. Glued centering rings 1/2″ from forward and rear ends of motor tube. Marked body tube using Estes Marking Guide. Glued motor mount int rear of body tube. Glued shock cord into mount and then into the upper body tube. Glued tube coupler at 1/2″ mark. and into the upper body tube section.
- 05/01/2006 – Fin measurements on page 18 of Book #3.
- 05/03/2006 – Applied first set of fins and filleted the joints.
- 05/04/2006- Finished applying remaining fins and filleted them.
- 06/16/2006 – Glued launch lug 4″ from rear of body tube between fins opposite engine holder.