CUSTOM Model #10028
Constructed by German scientists before WWII, Ion Pulsar used a revolutionary type of propulsion. Kept in complete secrecy before and after the war, it’s existence was not known until 2015 when a full exploration of mars was carried out.
- Length: 17″
- Diameter: 1.33″
- Weight: 1.4 oz.
- Fin: Balsa
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Recovery: 12″ Paracute
- Recommended Motors:
- B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 06/22/2004 – Purchased Custom #10028 model rocket from Hobbylinc for $9.69 (Retail – $11.95)
- 10/20/2005 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned, nose cone, fin sheet, centering ring, engine block and decal.
- 10/21/2005 – Scanned instructions and decal without protection sheet. Recorded component measurements on page 156 of Book #2.
- 12/31/2005 – Marked engine tube 3/8″ and 3/4″ from aft end. Sanded fin edges and surfaces smooth. Cut a 1/8″ x 1/8″ notch from the large centering ring combo. Filleted the 2 centering rings on the engine mount tube. Glued the large centering ring set to the 3/4″ mark and the smaller centering ring set to the 3/8″ marks located on the aft end of the motor mount tube. Filleted both rings. Glued the rings on the BT-509 tube so the aft edge of the ring lined up with the mark. Filleted both sides of the rings except the ring at the aft end of the tube. Glued motor mount inside of BT-556. Glued 9″ body tube with rings into the 6″ body tube until second ring is even with forward edge of body tube. Used long haldled Q-tip to apply glue inside 9″ tube. so the ring and glue lined up with each other. Glued three fins to main body tube and filleted them when glue set. Glued shock cord inside shock cord mount and then glued the assembly inside the forward edge by 1-1/2″
- 01/01/2006 – Filleted all three fins. Cut flashing from nose cone eyelette. Divided 6″ dowel using a box cutter knife and rolling the dowel under the blade at 2″ lengths. Evened the dowel lengths with sanding stick. Glued each to edge of fins and holding in place for 1 minute. The top of each dowel is flush with the forward edge of the fin tip. Allowed glue to set. Cut out parachute and assembled the 12″ for use in the model. Attached a snap swivel for easy attachment and removal.
- 03/15/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.
- 02/11/2023 – Sandedd primer with 120, 220 and 1500 grit sandpapers. Wiped witth alcohol wiper.
- 02/20/2023 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon #327874 Gloss White.