CUSTOM Model #10024
Patriotic kit! Easy to build and fly; makes a great beginner kit. Features injection-molded plastic nose cone, laser-cut balsa fins, and 12” parachute recovery. Self-adhesive decals and quick-release engine mount. Flights of over 1,000 feet are possible with a C6-7 motor.
- Length: 12″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 0.9 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Fins: Laser Cut Balsa
- Nose Cone: Injection molded plastic
- Decal: Pressure Sensitive
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5, C6-7
- 01/30/1999 – Purchased Custom #10024 Freedom model rocket form Joe’s Hobby Barn for $6.02 (Retail – $6.69)
- 02/13/2000 – Removed balsa fins from fin stock sheet. Modified from 18 mm to 24 mm. Glued an engine block 2-1/4″ from aft edge of motor tube. Sanded fins, attached to body tube and filleted fin/body tube joints. Attached Eye Screw to nose cone. Attached shock cord to shock cord mount and then glued inside of body tube. Glued launch lug to body tube. Attached shock cord to nose cone.
- 07/28/2000 – Painted entire rocket White
- 10/20/2000 – Painted nose cone with Krylon #2101 Cherry Red and the fins with Krylon #1910 True Blue. paint on the fins blistered.
- 10/22/2000 – Sanded fin blistered areas and then repainted all 4 fins with Krylon #1910 True Blue.
- 10/27/2000 – Applied water slide decals as per instructions and pictures. This completes Custom #10024 Freedom model rocket