AEROTECH Model #89017
Styled after the real military Standard ARM missile, this rocket is a real attention grabber. Fins and strakes are molded plastic to make assembly easy and to give a great finish. Comes with lots of decals that give the Strong Arm just the right look.
- Length: 44″
- Diameter: 2.6″
- Nose Cone: 5:1 Ogive
- Weight (without motor): 18oz
- Fins: 4-Trapezoidal with blunt trailing edge airfoil
- Motor Mount: 29mm
- Recovery System: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- RMS Motors: E18-4W, E28-4T, F24-4W, F39-6T, F35-5W, E16-4W, F40-7W, F22-5J, F52-8T, G53-5FJ, G64-7W, G71-7R, G76-7G
- SU Motors: E15-4W, E30-4T, F32-4T, F20-4W, F23-4FJ, F25-6W, F26-6FJ, F27-4R, F42-4T, F50-6T, G38-7FJ, G40-7W, G77-7R, G78-7G, G79-7W, G80-10T
- 12/18/1999 – Purchased model from e-Hobbies for $40.77 (Retail – $59.95)
- 03/22/2002 – Inserted motor mount tube assembly with screw eye and shock cord attached. Epoxied fins to body tube fin lok ring and motor tube. Epoxied rear centering ring inside rear of body tuve against the fins/fin lok ring. Epoxied rear and forward launch lugs to the lower slotted body tube. Epoxied tube coupler to upper body tube and then lower body tube. Ran an epoxy fillet around rear centering ring/body tube joint. Ran an epoxy fillet around rear centering ring/body tube joint. Tied nose cone to other end of shock cord. Attached 30″ golden with black shroud parachute 1′ from nose cone on shock cord. Completed cut out of one strake.
- 04/07/2002 – Cut remaining strakes. Noticed first strake was cut wrong on the bottom runner. Used wizard tool to cut plastic strake since I broke the second one cutting out the plates with a knife. Glued 4 together with quick tite cyanoacrylate glue.
- 04/21/20022 – Cut last strake correctly as replacement for incorrectly cut strake.
- 04/22/2002 – Using Estes tube marking guide, marked the guide lines for the 4 strakes in line with each of the 4 fins. Extended each line beyond the length of the strake. Epoxied the first strake 2″ from fin along the guide line. Holding strade in place with 3 pieces of 1/2′ wide masking tape across the strake and taped the body tube.
- 04/23/2002 – Epoxied the second strake 2″ from the fin along the guide line. Using the same masking tape, held the strake in place. Epoxied the third strake 2″ from the fin along the guide line. Epoxied the last strake into position along its guideline 2″from the fin.
- 04/24/2002 – Removed the masking tape. Construction of model is complete and awaits paint and decals.
- 06/28/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 10/19/2003 – Sanded model with 320 grit sandpaper. Cleaned model with dry rag and then a damp sponge. Spray painted entire model with Krylon Gloss White.
- 12/28/2003 – Cleaned nose cone with damp0 rad and dried it with a paper towel and the sun. Painted the nose cone with Kylon #1608 Smoke Gray Gloss.
- 09/24/2006 – Applied self adhesive decals as per plans. This completes construction the the Aerotech Strong Arm.