AEROTECH Model #89021
This kit stands over five feet tall! Featuring a big four inch diameter, the G-Force provides spectacular slow lift-offs when powered by AeroTech “G” motors.
- Length: 60”/152cm
- Diameter: 4”/10.1 cm
- Weight: 32oz/907gms (without motor)
- Recovery System: 42” Parachute
- Nose Cone: 4:1 Ogive
- Motor Mount: 29mm
- Stages: 1
- Recommended AeroTech™ Motors
- Reloadable Motor System (RMS): G64-4W
- Single Use Motors (SU): G40-4W, G80-4T, G35-4W, G38-4FJ
- Parts List
- Thrust Ring 7/16″
- Thrust Ring Flange – 1/16″
- Motor Tube – 1.231″ OD x 1.231″ ID x 17-3/4″
- Motor Hook
- Fin-Lok Rings
- Centering Rings – 3.895″ x 1-1/4″ center hole x 1-5/16″ @ notch x 0.090″ thick
- Cooling Mesh
- Ejection Gas Baffle
- Screw Eyes
- Shock Cord – 3/8″ x 12′
- Motor Spacer1.231
- Lower Body Tube Slotted – 3.99 OD x 3-13/16 ID x 23″
- Fin Slot – 3-7/16″ from aft end x 3″ long x 5/32″ wide
- Launch Lug Slots – Lower – 3-1/2″ x 4-15/16″ Upper – 14-11/16 x 15-1/2″ (all measurements are from aft end and both slots are 3/32″ wide.
- Upper Body Tube – 3.99 OD x 19″
- Bulkhead Disk – 3.896 OD x 0.090″ thick
- Tube Coupler – 3.886″ x 6″
- Launch Lugs
- Nose Cone – 20″ x 16-1/8″ to shoulder
- Parachute – 42″
- Self Adhesive Decal Sheet
- 10/26/2001 – Purchased Aerotech #89021 G Force from Hobbylinc for $88.59 (Retail $129.95).
- 03/09/2001 – Compared parts list with contents and found all parts wre in package. Scanned manuals. Took pictures of parts. Measurements were recorded in Book #1 page 126 & 128. Scanned decal. Cut slits into motor mount tube at 1/4″ & 4-5/8″ from aft end. Pushed motor retainer into slit. Measured for fin lok pieces and installed on motor mount tube. Test fit fins and then epoxied fin loks and middle centering ring. Epoxied baffle into place. Placed motor tube assembly into lower body tube. Aligned fin loks with slots. Cleaned fins with soap & water and let dry. Placed 2 fins without epoxy into fin loks. Epoxied the first fin and snapped into fin lok assembly. Repeated with remaining fins. Epoxied rear centering ring to body tube. Epoxied bulk head to tube coupler. Inserted screw eye into bulk head. Tieed shock cord to screw eye. Measured tube coupler at 3″ and epoxied bulk head to 3″ mark. Epoxied launch lugs into body tube slots.
- 03/11/2002 – Tied 42″ parachute to middle of shock cord. Model is waiting for paint and decals.
- 04/02/2002 – Epoxy filleted 2 fins/body tube joints.
- 04/03/2002 – Epoxy filleted all remaining fin/body tube joints. This model is now waiting for paint and decals.
- 06/28/2003 – Sprayed lower and then upper portions with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 10/19/2003 – Sanded model with 400 grit sandpaper. Cleaned dust off with dry rag, then damped sponge. When dry, spray painted bottom with Krylon Gloss Black and painted middle body tube and lower body tube with Krylon Gloss White.
- 11/22/2003 – Air brushed a sea green color (see page 98 of Book #2) on payload section and nose cone.
- 12/02/2003 – Applied self adhesive decals to rocket. This completes construction of Aerotech G-Force Rocket #89021.
- 02/10/2007 – Lawn dart destroyed model and sent it to the bone yard.