AEROTECH Model 89013
This is the secret: Arreaux is pronounced “aero” as in “AeroTech.” This trademark design rocket is just the ticket to carry a variety of payloads: launch transmitters, accelerometers and other experimental projects. Try flying a raw egg and recovering it unbroken!
- Length: 43″
- Diameter: 1.9″
- Nose Cone: 5:1 Ogive
- Weight: 12oz
- Fins: 3-Trapezoidal with modified double wedge airfoil
- Motor Mount: 29mm
- Recovery System: Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- RMS Motors: D15-4T, E18-4W, E11-5J, E28-7T, F24-7W, F12-5J, F39-6T, F35-8W, E16-7W, E23-5T, F40-10W, F22-7J, F52-8T, G53-7FJ, G64-10W, G71-10R, G76-10G
- SU Motors: E15-7W 1060, E30-7T, F32-8T, F20-7W, F23-7FJ, F25-9W, F26-9FJ, F27-8R, F42-8T, F50-9T, G38-7FJ, G40-10W, G77-10R, G78-10G, G79-10W, G80-13T
- 06/22/1999 – Purchased Arreaux #89013 model rocket from Hobbylinc for $33.49 (Retail – $47.95)
- 03/16/2002- Opened Kit. All parts were included. Did not construct motor adapter since one was constructed in other kits. The parts were placed in the rocket box. Marked motor tube at 7/8″, 2-15/16″ and 4-5/8″. Made a 1/4″ slit in tube at the 4-5/8″ mark and inserted the motor retainer. From the forward end, placed one of the fin lok rings so the forward end is even with the 7/8″ mark. Over the forward end placed the other fin lok so the rear is even with the 2-7/8″ mark. Epoxide the fin loks to the motor tube being careful not to get any in the slots. Glued the centering rings to the forward fin lok . Placed the motor tube assembly into the slotted end of the body tube so the fin lok slots lined up with the body tube slots. Adjusted the motor retainer with the launch lub slots. Slitted the forward edge of the motor mount tube at 90 degrees to each other. Inserted the cooling mesh and epoxied the ejection piece butted to the shoulder to the slotted end. Epoxied the fins into the slots and flush with the body tube. Epoxied the bulkhead onto the coupler tube after inserting the screw eye and shock cord. Note: forgot to attach the screw eye and shock cord to the baffle assembly. Will have do do it later inside the body tube.
- 03/17/2002 – Marked coupler tube and epoxied it inside the payload tube so the screw eye/shock cord faces out through the coupler tube.
- 04/05/2002 – Filleted all three fins/body tube joints, launch lug/body tube joints with epoxy
- 04/06/2002 – Model is now ready for pain and decals,
- 06/28/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon Gray Primer.
- 10/20/2003 – Sanded model with 320 grit sandpaper and then 600 grit sandpaper.
- 11/23/2003 – Spray painted entire model with Krylon #1501 Gloss white
- 11/31/2003 – Painted bottom body tube and fins with Krylon #1806 Gloss Sun Yellow and then painted the nose cone and payload section with Krylon #1801 Gloss Black. The coupler tube and nose cone shoulder were masked prior to painting with the spray paint.
- 12/03/2003 – Cut out self adhesive decals and applied them tot the rocket. This completes construction of the Aerotech Aerraux model rocket #89013.
|05/15/2007||MS Park||Lex8||G33-5J||And she’s gone – outta here.|