Hulverson Design Model #HD12000
This skill level 1 rocket is part of Hulverson Design’s “Boost Glider Series.”
- Length: 6″
- Diameter: 0.55″
- Weight: 0.2 oz.
- Recovery: Glider
- Fins: Balsa Wood
- Altitude: 120′
- Recommended Motors:
- 01/02/2023 – Found or made all parts for construction of this boost glider. Measurements were recorded in Book#4 page 132. Got plans from Jim Z’s site. Made decals using decal paper and a copy of decals on Jim Z’s site. Scanned plans, decals, and components. Sanded balsa wings and wing tips round on the leading and trailing edges. Glued wing tips to wings with yellow glue.
- 01/04/2023 – Glued wings together with yellow glue. Cut body tube to correct size of 2″ and glued to inside wing joint. Filleted body tube and launch lug joints with yellow glue.
- 01/05/2023 – Re-filleted body tube joint due to bubbles formed in joint.
- 03/02/22023 – Spray painted body tube with Rust-oleum # 328373 High Gloss White.
- 05/23/2023 – Discovered how to make transparent decals and recreated the Zoomie decals in transparency therefore the old one needed to be removed. In the removal process, the body tube was damaged and required replacement. The body tube was replaced with a 2″ silver BT-5 body tube and glued to the wings. The fillets were filled with yellow glue.
- 05/24/2023 – Glued the nose cone to the body tube with yellow glue. Hand painted the wing bare spots with red.