The newly revised Minie Magg contains LOC-N-FIN construction, pre-slotted airframe tubing, plywood fins & centering rings, plastic nose cone, and a 36″ nylon parachute. This is a great entry model into the high power models and is ideally suited for L1 certification flights.
- Height: 37.0″
- Diameter: 5.540″
- Weight: 40 oz
- 36″ Nylon Parachute
- Altitude: over 2,200′
- Recommended Motors
- 38mm G, H, I Motors
- Parts List
- Body Tube – BT-5.38-24″ Pre-slotted for 3 Fins
- MMT- 1.52-13″
- Shock Cord & Mount Assembly 1/2″ x 18.5′
- Parachute – 36″ Nylon
- Centering Rings
- Top – CR-5.38-1.52 with 1/4″ hole
- Bottom – CR-5.38-1.52
- Plastic Nose Cone – PNC-5.38
- 04/01/2022 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned components. Took measurements and recorded on page 118 of this book. Filleted joints with epoxy.
- 04/02/2022 – Epoxy filleted on inside fin joint and 2 external fin joints.
- 04/03/2022 – Epoxy filleted second inside fin joint and another two outside fin joints.
- 04/04/2022 – Epoxy filleted all Centering ring/body tube joints. Epoxy welded retainer to motor mount tube.
- 04/05/2022 – Looped parachute shroud lines through “D” link. Drilled two holed for 1010 rail buttons using a #31 drill bit into slotted body tube midway between fins at centering ring locations. Screwed the button into the holes, removed them, applied epoxy into holes and then re-screwed button screws into holes. This completes construction of LOC/Precision Minie Magg HPR Kit #PK-68 except for paint and decals.
- 07/16/2022 – Sanded nose cone and then wiped it with alcohol to clean it in preparation for blue paint.
- 07/18/2022 – Spray painted Nose Cone with Krylon True Blue #1910.
- 07/19/2022 – Spray painted Body Tube and Fins gloss white Krylon #3429.