Squirrel Works #SW-020
Upscale version of our most popular kit, the Red Baron. Great for demonstrations with slow liftoff and dramatic glide recovery. Tabbed and slotted balsa parts in this model make for a quick, accurate build.
- Length: 20.43″
- Wing Span: 20.5″
- Weight: 7.0 oz
- Recommended Motors
- D12-3, E15-4
- Parts List
- Center Wing
- Upper Wing Front & Rear
- Lower Wing Front & Rear
- Nose Cone
- Body Tube
- Launch Lug
- Engine Mount Tube
- Engine Block
- Centering Rings
- Clay Weight
- Decal Sheet
- 03/10/2022 – Took pictures of package and components. Made copy of fin marking guide and cut it out. Scanned components. Cut balsa parts from sheets and sanded them. Glued engine block to forward end of motor mount tube.
- 03/11/2022 – Glued upper and lower front and back wing parts together. Glued rudder parts together. Filleted wing joints with yellow glue. Glued and filleted centering rings to motor mount tube. Glued bulkhead on aft end of motor mount tube. Glued motor mount assembly into aft end of body tube so the aft centering ring is even with aft end of body tube. Sanded center wings. Glued launch lug to body tube along reference line.
- 03/12/2022 – Glued center wing to body tube along reference line with yellow glue. Glued upper and lower wings to rudders.
- 03/14/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.
- 07/20/2022 – Sanded Primer smooth with 600 grit sandpaper.
- 07/29/2020 – Spray Painted entire model Krylon Banner Red #8803.
- 07/30/2020 – Sanded entire model with 150 & 600 Grit Sandpaper. Wiped model with paper towels to remove dust.
- 08/01/2022 – Spray painted entire model with another coat of Krylon #8803 Banner Red.