K14 BMS Clone
High Performance parachute recovered rocket designed for both sport and competition flying. It combines high altitude capability with a large parachute capacity.
- Length: 14.3″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1 oz.
- 12″ Parachute
- 24″ Parachute
- Parts List
- Body Tube 7.75″ T50
- Balsa Nose Cone
- Engine Tube 2.75″ T20
- 18mm Engine Block
- Center Rings (2) T20 to T50
- Launch Lugs (2) (1/8″)
- Stage Coupler (1″)
- Screw Eye (SE-2)
- Shock Cord (Elastic 1/8″ x 24″)
- Dowel (1/4″)
- Balsa Fin Sheet (1/16″)
- Recommended Motors
- 1/4A.8-2, 1/2A.8-2, A.8-3, B.8-4, B3-5
- 02/04/2022 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned several components. Took measurements and recorded on Page 92 of Model Rocket Notes Book #4.
- 02/07/2022 – Printed pattern sheet SP-14 on 110# paper and cut out shroud pattern. Glued shroud ends together with yellow glue. Glued centering rings to stage coupler with yellow glue. Glued engine block in forward end of motor tube with yellow glue. Make and cut from copy fin marking guide. Glued ring coupler unit to motor mount tube 1/4″ from forward end. Filleted motor mount tube coupler joint. Installed shroud over motor mount tube & tube coupler. Glued all 3 fins to body tube after marking tube and filleted joints with yellow glue. Glued dowel into nose cone. glued and screwed screw eye into base of nose cone. Glued launch lug between two fins with yellow glue. Tied shock cord to screw eye. Filleted launch lug joints with yellow glue.
- 03/01/2022 – Spray painted entire model with black primer.
- 02/11/2023 – Sanded with 120,220. & 600 grit sandpapers. Wiped model with alcohol wiper.
- 08/20/2023 – Spray painted entire model with Rust-o-leum #328373 High Gloss White. Masked nose cone shoulder. Painted Nose Cone with Rust-o-leum #327898 Gloss Navy Blue.
- 08/21/2023 – Masked body tube. Spray painted fins with Rust-o-leum #327898 Gloss Navy Blue. Removed masking.
- 08/22/2023 – Created decal, printed on regular paper and cut to size. Attached to body tube using tape and cutting tape to size. This completes construction of BMS #K14, Astron Drifter.