SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SW-035
This rocket was originally designed and sold by Thrustline Aerospace before the company ceased operations. It is such an elegant design we thought it should be made available again. We contacted the former owner of Thrustline, acquired the design and now offer our version of this classic rocket.
- Length: 25.87″
- Diameter: 1.637″
- Weight: 4.1 oz.
- Laser Cut Balsa Parts
- Balsa Nose Cone
- Balsa Tail Cone
- Mylar Parachute
- Water Slide Decal
- Peel and Stick Decals
- Recommended Motors:
- E9-6, E12-6
- 10/18/2018 – Purchased Squirrel Works Arapaho-E from Squirrel Works for $37.95 (Retail $37.95).
- 11/14/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned fins, plans, nose cone, boat tail, screw eye, and centering rings. Measurements on page 32 Book #4.
- 11/23/2018 – Glued aft centering ring and filleted joint. Attached screw eye to nose cone. Glued launch lug to body tube. Glued shock cord to mount and then to body tube. Filleted launch lug joints. Attached streamer to shock cord. Tied end of shock cord to nose cone screw eye.
- 12/21/2018 – Sanded edges of fins smooth. Glued fins together.
- 12/22/2018 – Sanded edges of strakes smooth.
- 10/02/2019 – Glued centering ring even with forward end of motor mount tube and inserted it into boat tail till centering ring was slush with end of boat tail. Glued boat tail assembly into aft end of body tube. Marked fin, launch lug and strakes guide lines on body tube.
- 10/03/2019 – Made mark around body tube where end of fins would meet. Glued fins to body tube on fin guide lines. Glued screw eye into middle of nose cone base.
- 10/04/2019 – Filleted strakes. Cut launch lug in half and glued one to aft end of body tube and other 6″ from aft end. Filleted strakes joints. Sanded nose cone shoulder to fit body tube. Glued shock cord mount assembly inside forward end of body tube. Tied end of shock cord to screw eye. Assembled 15″ parachute as per instructions
- 10/05/2019 – Filleted fin joints.