The V – 2 (“Vengeance Weapon 2”) is perhaps the most famous, and certainly the most infamous, rocket ever built. Designed by Werner von Braun for the Nazi war effort during WWII, the V – 2 was the world’s first large liquid-fueled rocket. Originally designated the A – 4, thousands were built by prisoners during the early 1940s. After the war, many captured V – 2s were flown by the U.S. as well as the Soviet Union. Despite its’ horrific inception as a weapon of destruction, the V – 2 was the forerunner of all the large liquid-fuel rockets which were to follow.
Our most popular scale kit! Like our other V – 2 kits, this model has a pre-drilled balsa boattail & balsa nose cone, laser-cut basswood fins and is accurately scaled. Designed primarily to fly on D12 motors, it will fly “outta – sight” on a composite E!
- Length: 14.125″
- Diameter: 1.637″
- Weight: 3.7 oz.
- Scale: 1:40
- Recovery: 15″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- C11-5, D12-5, E20-7, E30-7
- 05/15/2018 – Purchased ASP V-2 13mm from ASP for $16.95 (Retail $16.95).
- 05/19/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Opened kit and scanned various parts along with the instructions. Glued Balsa circles together and screwed screw eye into balsa nose cone.
- 05/20/2018 – Glued motor mount tube into boat tail. Glued engine block 1/4″ from aft end of motor mount tube. Tied Kevlar cord around centering ring and glued it over forward end of motor mount tube.
- 05/21/2018 – Glued boat tail to aft end of body tube. Marked fin lines along boat tail. Sanded fins to shape.
- 05/22/2018 – Glued all four fins to boat tail section. Filleted fin joints.