ASP Model #KV2-13
The V – 2 (“Vengeance Weapon 2”) is perhaps the most famous, and certainly the most infamous, rocket ever built. Designed by Werner von Braun for the Nazi war effort during WWII, the V – 2 was the world’s first large liquid-fueled rocket. Originally designated the A – 4, thousands were built by prisoners during the early 1940s. After the war, many captured V – 2s were flown by the U.S. as well as the Soviet Union. Despite its’ horrific inception as a weapon of destruction, the V – 2 was the forerunner of all the large liquid-fuel rockets which were to follow.
Our most popular scale kit! Like our other V – 2 kits, this model has a pre-drilled balsa boattail & balsa nose cone, laser-cut basswood fins and is accurately scaled. Designed primarily to fly on 13 mm motors!
- Length: 7.75″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 0.88 oz.
- Scale: 1:67
- Recovery: 9″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A3-2T, 1/2A3-4T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 05/15/2018 – Purchased ASP V-2 13mm from ASP for $16.95 (Retail $16.95).
- 05/19/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Opened kit and scanned various parts along with the instructions. Glued Balsa circles together and screwed screw eye into balsa nose cone.
- 05/20/2018 – Glued motor mount tube into boat tail. Glued engine block 1/4″ from aft end of motor mount tube. Tied Kevlar cord around centering ring and glued it over forward end of motor mount tube.
- 05/21/2018 – Glued boat tail to aft end of body tube. Marked fin lines along boat tail. Sanded fins to shape.
- 05/22/2018 – Glued all four fins to boat tail section. Filleted fin joints.
- 05/23/2018 – Filleted fin joints with yellow glue.
- 04/13/2021 – Spray painted with White primer.
- 10/28/2023 – Masked model so 3 fin surfaces could be painted.
- 11/02/2023 – Spray painted 3 fin surfaces with Rust-oleum # 328374 High Gloss Black. Removed masking.
- 11/14/2023 – Applied masking. Hand painted aft boat tail with Pactra #A1 Gloss Black Acrylic water soluble paint.
- 11/15/2023 – Hand painted one section of body tube with Pactra #A1 Gloss Black Acrylic water soluble paint.
- 11/16/2023 – Hand painted a 2nd section of body tube with Pactra #A1 Gloss Black Acrylic water soluble paint. Removed masking.
- 11/17/2023 – Masked nose cone. Hand painted one section of nose cone with Pactra #A1 Gloss Black Acrylic water soluble paint.
- 11/18/2023 – Hand painted 2nd section of nose cone with Pactra #A1 Gloss Black. Removed masking. Hand painted tip of nose cone with Pactra #A1 Gloss black.