RED RIVER ROCKETRY Model #K-013
Red Strike is a BT-50-based rocket that features a boat tail, flies on 13mm motors and recovers on a 12” mylar parachute. The Red Strike is an excellent model for flying on small fields and the design is outstanding. Not your typical three fins and a nose cone.
- Length: 13″
- Diameter: 0.98″
- Weight: 1.2 oz.
- Decal: Waterslide
- Fins: Balsa
- Recovery: 12″ Mylar Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A3-2T, A3-4T, A10-3T
- 09/08/2008 – Purchased Red River Rocketry Red Strike form Red River Rocketry for $19.50 (Retail $19.50).
- 04/08/2021 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned components.
- 04/10/2021 – Cut out tube marking guide and marked body tube using it as a guide. Sanded fin sheet, removed parts and sanded edges. Rounded wing leading edges and tapered trailing edges. Glued tail pieces together using wax paper to keep glue from sticking to surface.
- 04/11/2021 – Glued thrust ring inside body tube so 1/4″ of motor will stick out. Test fit boat tail and nose cone to body tube fit. Boat tail required sanding to fit inside of body tube. Attached screw eye to balsa of boat tail and positioned it so it did not interfere with body tube attachment. Tied Kevlar cord to screw eye and glued boat tail to body tube. Glued wings to body tube along reference lines. Cut ends of launch lug at 45 degree angle on both ends. Glued launch lug along reference line. Filleted wing joints. Filleted launch lug joints. Glued and screwed screw eye into base of nose cone. Tied shock cord to Kevlar cord and then to screw eye on nose cone. Glued one tail piece to wing.
- 04/12/2021 – Glued second tail wing to end of wing. Filleted tail wing joints. This completes construction of Red River Rocketry Red Strike except for paint and decals. Spray Painted model with White Primer.