CUSTOM Model #10012
xplore futuristic planets with Galileo. Galileo can launch from most space exploration craft, and quickly gather information about distant planets, either by landing or orbiting. This can greatly reduce the risk of endangering an entire mission by unsafe conditions. Our model is based on what such a futuristic probe might look like. Galileo goes up like a rocket, flips over, and comes down like a helicopter! Features balsa nose cone, water-slide decals, and balsa and hardwood dowel fins.
- Length: 8″
- Diameter: 1.325″
- Weight: 0.4 ozz.
- Fins: Balsa and hardwood dowels
- Recovery: Featherweight
- Recommended Motors:
- 06/24/2000 – Purchased Custom Galileo from Joe’s Hobby Barn for $4.59 (Retail $4.59).
- 12/24/2000 – Opened package and inventoried. Scanned Instructions, decal, fin, standoff, and balsa nose cone. Glued nose cone into body tube. Applied glue to ring. Glued shroud together. Glued shroud to body tube and ring.
- 12/25/2000 – Glued balsa fins to shroud along location lines.
- 01/04/2001 – Sanded wooden dowel rods to fit fins and body tube. Glued the dowel rods in place. Glued launch lug standoff equally spaced between two fins and even with bottom edge of tube. The taller edge is pointed toward the nose cone. Glued launch lug to standoff.
- 09/25/2002 – Spray painted base coat of Krylon #1501 Gloss White.
- 10/05/2002 – Masked all but nose cone and painted it Red.
- 10/06/2002 – Cut waterslide decals and applied to model. This completes construction of Custom Galileo model rocket #10012.