The ATW – Anti-Tank Weapon is a military styled, minimum diameter 18mm rocket. Capable of flying over 1000 feet according to the manufacturer. The fins are forward-swept, the nose cone is unique. Construction: Kit includes one thin paper body tube, 4 pre-cut long forward swept fin, nose cone and its insert, water-slide decals, and other parts.
- Length: 11″
- Diameter: 0.74″
- Seight: 0.65 oz.
- Fins: Balsa
- Nose Cone: Plastic
- Recovery: Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B4-4, B6-4
- 06/22/2004 – Purchased Custom ATW from HobbyLinc for $4.19 (Retail $4.95).
- 10/20/2005 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned nose cone, end plate, adapter, fin sheet, entering ring, engine block and decal.
- 10/21/2005 – Scanned instructions and decal without protective sheet. Recorded component mearurements on page 156 Book #2.
- 10/26/2005 – Marked fin lines and installed engine block into body tube using yellow engine tube marked 1/4″ from end. This places the engine block 2-1/2″ from the aft end of the body tube. Sanded four fins. Glued shock cord to mount and installed inside forward end of body tube recessed 1″ from end. Cemented nose cone base to black nose cone. Glued all four fins to body tube. Glued launch lug 2″ from aft end of body tube.
- 10/27/2005 – Filleted fins. Tied shock cord to nose cone.
- 10/30/2005 – Filled fins with balsa filler.
- 08/26/2006 – Spray painted with Krylon Gloss White #1501