The interceptor G lifts off with the excitement of powerful G motors. The Interceptor G represents a futuristic manned interceptor concept in a flying model kit. Colorful decals, plastic molded detailing and precision laser cut plywood parts make building a snap with impressive results.
- Length: 46″
- Diameter: 2.5″
- Weight: 16 oz
- Recovery: 36″ Parachute
- 03/31/1998 – Purchased NCR Interceptor G from Hobby Lobby in Monroe, LA for $74.88.
- 04/30/1998 – Started construction of Interceptor G. Removed the components from the package and checked for inventory. Everything was there. Removed wing and rudder from balsa stock sheet. Measured motor tube for fitting centering ring placement.
- 05/01/1998 – Sanded wood parts and assembled one wing. bought one can of Krylon Regal Blue.
- 05/02/1998 – Assembled second wing.
- 05/03/1998 – Assembled ridder wiht five minute epoxy. Epoxied centering rings to motor mount.
- 05/041998 – Filleted centering rings joints.
- 05/08/1998 – Epoxied nozzle around engine tube.
- 05/09/1998 – Epoxied launch lugs to body tube. Shaped wings and fins.
- 05/17/1998 – Masked root edges with 1/2″ masking tape and applied first coat of balsa filler.
- 05/18/1998 – Sanded fins.
- 05/20/1998 – Applied second coat of balsa filler.
- 05/26/1998 – Sanded all fins with 150, 320, 400 and 600 grit sandpaper.
- 06/02/1998 – Punched holes in body tube for fin attachment.
- 06/03/1998 – Epoxied strakes to body tube.
- 06/04/1998 – Epoxied strakes and one rudder to body tube.
- 06/05/1998 – Epoxied one rudder and one wing to body tube.
- 06/06/1998 – Epoxied last wing onto body tube.
- 06/12/1998 – Epoxied tubes to wings with five minute epoxy.
- 06/13/1998 – Filleted on of the tube joint.
- 06/20/1998 – Completed epoxy fillets of tubes.
- 08/16/1998 – Sprayed first coat of primer. Painted dowel rod Silver.
- 08/17/1998 – Spray painted all plastic tree parts flat Blue. except the turbine exhaust duct which were painted with a mixture of gray and flat blue. Used 2Ml of flat blue and 30 drops of flat gray.
- 08/24/1998 – Painted outside nozzle with Krylon flat red #3507 and repainted inside with testor A54 gunmetal gray. Spray painted dowel rod with Krylon #1401 Bright Silver.
- 09/05/1998 – Sanded primer and applied first coat of Krylon 1502 Flat White.
- 09/06/1998- Applied first coat of gloss white Krylon #81901 over flat white. Applied a second coat later in the day.
- 10/15/1998 – Painted tail cone Gun Metal Gray, Testors #A54.
- 10/17/1998 – Masked tail cone and spray painted rear area with flat white Krylon #1502.
- 10/18/1998 – Repainted tail cone flat black.
- 10/19/1998 – Repainted end of nozzles Gunmetal gray. Painted rest of rocket Gloss White Krylon #1502.
- 10/20/1998 – Epoxied nozzles into side tubes. Marked center line at 9-1/2″ & 22-1/2″.
- 10/25/1998 – Epoxied all plastic to rocket and fins with Super Jet CA.
- 10/26/1998 – Applied decals.
- 10/27/1998 – Applied modified wing decals. This completes construction of NCR Interceptor G model #3516.
- 02/17/2007 – Cleaned up fin and fin area with dremel and sanding drum tool. Wiped down model and applied epoxy to fin and fin area on body tube. Held fin in place with masking tape.
- 02/18/2007 – Removed masking tape.