The Execution is over 36″ tall and flies on powerful D and E motors. The kit includes a slotted body tube and laser-cut wood fins.
- Length: 38.5″
- Diameter: 2.6″
- Weight: 8.1 oz.
- Nose Cone: Blow Molded
- Recovery: 24″ Parachute
- Recommended Motors:
- D12-3, E9-4, E9-6
- 10/26/2001 – Purchased Estes Executioner E from Hobbylinc for $24.99 (Retail $41.99).
- 12/18/2001 – Opened kit. Inventory of kit was complete. Scanned plans, decal, fin, and centering ring.
- 12/20/2001 – glued and filleted green tube adapter to engine mount tube and glued engine block 1/2″ into forward end of motor mount tube. Glued yellow fin canister to outside of purple body tube even with end. Glued red tube coupler half way into forward end of body tube. Glued other body tube over coupler even with top of lower body tube. Glued assembled engine mount assembly into end of purple body tube. Note: did not use engine retainer. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside of upper body tube at least 2″. Cut launch lug in half. Cut the 1″ block of wood in half and glued one to each of the launch lugs. Epoxied launch lug standoffs to body tube. Cut out self adhesive decals.
- 12/21/2001 – Glued joiner tube at 1-1/2″. Inserted shock cord into slot of centering ring. Glued centering ring 1/8″ from rear of motor tube and the centering ring with the shock cord attached 1/2″ from the forward end of the motor tube. Glued engine mount assembly into rear of lower body tube so it extended 1″ outside.
- 12/25/2001 – Filleted inside centering ring joints. Sanded centering ring edges to fit inside body tube. Inserted engine mount assembly inside body tube with engine mount tube even with body tube. Sanded fins to fit. Glued fins through slots and onto the motor mount tube. Filleted fin joints. Constructed 24″ parachute by cutting out chute with exacto knife along dotted lines, applying shroud adhesive dots to corners, puching holes through them, cutting shroud line into thirds and attaching to consecutive holes which formed three loops. Gathered up the shroud lines and attached a snap swivel.
- 12/26/2001 – Filleted engine mount assembly in place. Glued upper tabs to tube coupler. Glued launch lugs to body tube and filleted joints.
- 09/27/2002 – Spray painted Krylon Gloss White #1501 base coat.
- 10/15/2002 – Spray painted upper body Gray.
- 11/13/2002 –Spray painted model with silver.