Cargo carrier contains clear payload bay. Great for experiments and projects.
- Length: 21.125″
- Diameter: 0.976″
- Weight: 1.33 oz.
- Recovery: 12″ Parachute
- Altitude: 1000′
- Recommended Motors:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, B8-5, C6-5
- 05/31/2001 – Purchased Estes Nova Payloader from Bob Gelina for $9.00 (Retail $14.99)
- 12/05/2001 – Opened kit and found all parts were included. Scanned plans, decal, fin pattern sheet, and fin. Glued fins together.
- 12/11/2001 – Made engine mount by slitting tube 2-1/2″ from one end and making a 1″ mark from the same end. Inserted motor retainer into slot and glued retainer ring at 1″ mark. Glued one centering ring at 1″ mark and other centering ring at forward end of tube. Filleted ring joints. Marked body tube with fin pattern sheet. Glued motor mount assembly into aft end of body tube even. Cemented insert sleeve to nose cone and atop the clear payload section.
- 12/12/2001 – Glued and filleted fins to body tube. Replaced rubber shock cord with elastic. Shock cord dimensions are 1/8″ by 18″.
- 12/13/2001 – Glued shock cord to mount and then inside forward end of body tube at least 2″. Tied other end of shock cord to nose cone.
- 09/24/2002 – Removed the clear payload section and spray painted fins and body tube with Krylon Gloss Cherry Red #2101.
- 10/16/2001 – Cut out waterslide decals and applied to the model. This completes construction of Estes Nova Payloader model rocket #1960.