Designed for performance, this rocket can easily exceed altitudes of 1500 feet. This easy to assemble, attractive, model kit features laser cut fins, decal and a metallic mylar streamer.
- Length: 18.125″
- Body Diameter: 1.325″
- Weight: 1.9 oz
- Recommended Engines:
- C11-5, C11-7, D12-5, D12-7
- Laser-Cut Fins
- Balsa Nose Cone
- Water Slide Decal
- Mylar Streamer
- 03/02/2006 – Purchased Squirrel Works Valkyrie from Squirrel Works for $16.95 (Retail $16.95)
- 07/21/2006 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned decal, photo card, nose cone, plans, centering ring and engine block.
- 07/22/2006 – Cut 4″ BT-50 motor mount tube. Tied 18″ of Kevlar cord to engine block, glued block into end of tube using a spent engine as a spacer guide. Glued on centering ring even with forward end of motor mount tube and other centering ring 3/4″ from aft end. Filleted centering ring joints. Glued engine mount assembly into main body tube and allowed it to dry. Made a copy of fin marking guide, cut it out of the copy paper and used it to mark the fin and launch lug locations on the main tube. Sanded root edge of fins flat and rounded other edges. Extended fin lines 4″ and launch lug line 4-1/2″ along the aft end. Glued the fins to the body tube along the guidelines. Glued the screw eye to the base of the nose cone. Tied shock cord to Kevlar cord.
- 07/23/2006 – Cut launch lug in half and glued on along launch lug line even with the aft end of body tube and other half 4″ from aft end of body tube. Filleted launch lug joints.