SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SW-033
Two Cool For Spool launches like a regular spool rocket but half way through the flight the second stage ignites and the lower disk dropps away while the upper disk flies on. The high drag design makes this the ideal rocket for two stage flights on a small field. Tumble recovery on both stages means a short recovery walk. A fun rocket to fly with lots of smoke and noise on the way up!
- Length: 5.88″
- Diameter: 5.75″
- Weight: 2.0 oz
- Recommended Engines:
- Upper Stage: D12-0
- Booster Stage: D12-0
- 10/18/2018 – Purchased Squirrel Works Two Cool for Spool from Squirrel Works for $10.95 (Retail $10.95)
- 03/18/2020 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned components, plans, photo card, and decals. Glued paper engine block into upper (shorter) tube.
- 03/19/2020 – Marked body tube along length. Glued launch lug to front of engine tube so it is flush with end of tube. Glued plywood engine block into the rear of the booster engine tube even with end of tube, and then glued end of engine tube into other spool and even with it. Filleted motor tube joints.
- 03/20/2020 – Applied poly coat to wooden spools. Sanded, wiped clean and then applied a second coat.
- 03/21/2020 – Sanded with 220 grit sandpaper. Applied water slide decals. This completes construction of the Squirrel Works Two Cool for Spool flying saucer.