SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SW-003
This unique boost glider is inspired by the biplanes of WWI and has become a proven crowd pleaser at launches. This model is completely laser cut for quick assembly and comes with an assortment of iron cross decals to help you personalize your look. Exceptionally long glide times are possible with this kit, we recommend higher impulse engines be used only in large flying fields.
- Length: 9.22″
- Wingspan: 9.25″
- Weight: 0.5 oz
- Recommended Engines:
- A8-3, B4-2, B6-2, B6-4
Laser Cut Balsa Parts
Water Slide Decals
- 03/13/2004 – Received Squirrel Works Red Baron at NARCON 2004 for $0.00 as part of the registration fee (Retail $14.95).
- 01/24/2006 – Took pictures of package and contents. Measured parts and recorded on page 12 Book #3. Made copies of template.
- 03/12/2022 – Took pictures of package and contents. Scanned components. Measured components and recorded in Book #4 Pages 112 &114. Made copies of the marking guide and cut out. Sanded balsa edges to remove burrs. Marked motor mount tube with reference lines. Glued launch lugs to aft end. Glued rudder parts together. Rounded the leading and tailing edges of wings. Glued centering wing in place.
- 03/15/2022 – Rounded rudder leading and trailing edges. Glued rudder to centering wing. Glued lower wing to rudders.
- 03/16/2022 – Cut one of the rudders from the lower wing, flipped it around and re-glued it to the lower wing. Re-glued centering wings to body tube. Filleted joints with yellow glue.
- 03/17/2022 – Glued centering wing to rudder and filleted joints. Glued upper Bi-Wing to rudder and filleted joints.
- 03/18/2022 – Glued spar to upper wing and body tube. Glued nose cone to body tube. This completes construction of Squirrel Works #SW-003 Red Baron except for paint and decals.
- 03/20/2022 – Spray painted entire model with red primer.