SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SW-028
The third model on our Signature Series line comes from young Texas rocketeer Jarod Frankum. Designed as part of our Iron Rocketeer challenge during NAR’s 2006 National Sport Launch, this ‘hand’some little rocket became an instant hit with the crowd. Commenting on his own design, Jarrod says it is “One small step for hand, one giant leap for handkind” while notable rocketeers from across the country have given the kit “three thumbs way up.”
- Length: 14.45″
- Body Diameter: 1.325″
- Weight: 1.7 oz
- Recommended Engines:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- Laser-Cut Fins
- Balsa Nose Cone
- Water Slide Decals
- Mylar Streamer
- 10/18/2018 – Purchased Squirrel Works High Five from Squirrel Works for $15.95 (Retail $15.95)
- 11/18/2018 – Took pictures of package and components. Measurements on page 42 Book #4.
- 11/20/2018 – Removed components form balsa sheet. Removed centering rings from card stock. Measured motor mount tube 1/4″ from forward end and cut a 1/8″ slot for the engine retainer hook. Marked motor mount tube 1/2″ from each end and glued centering rings. Printed copy of fin marking guide and shock cord mount and then cut them out. glued engine block into forward end of motor mount tube. Glued fins parts together as per illustration.
- 11/21/2018 – Glued fins to body tube along fin marking guide line.
- 11/22/2018 – Filleted fin joints. Glued motor mount assembly into body tube.