SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SW-001
- Length = 14.35″
- Diameter = 1.325″
- Weight = 2.0 oz.
- Engine Recommendations
- D12-5, D12-7
- 12/29/2003 – Purchased Squirrel Works Goblin from Squirrel Works for $16.95 (Retail $16.95)
- 02/08/2004 – Took pictures of package, opened it and took pictures of contents. Scanned fin sheet, fin, nose cone, photo card, template, and plans.
- 02/09/2004 – Recorded measurements on page 110 Book #2. Glued engine block into forward end of motor tube. Will modify the motor tube by eliminating the engine hook. Glued one centering ring even with the end of the motor tube where the engine block was installed and the other centering ring 1-3/4″ from the aft end. Filleted one side of each centering ring joint. Made a copy of template sheet and cut out the shock cord mount and tube marking guide. Marked the body tube fin and launch lug lines using the marking guide.
- 02/10/2004 – Filleted other side of centering rings. Marked upper launch lug line 1-2/4″ from end. Glued engine mount assembly into end of body tube with yellow glue. Sanded leading edges round and tapered trailing edges of fins. Glued first fin to body tube using Estes fin marking guide to hold it in place while it dried. Cut launch lug in half. Sanded other three fins with 320, 400 and 600 grit sandpaper. Filleted 2 of the 4 fin joints.
- 02/11/2004 – Filleted remaining fins. Glued half of launch lug flush with rear of body tube and 1-3/4″ from front end for the other launch lug. Filleted launch lugs. Screwed screw eye into base of nose cone with glue. Glued shock cord to mount and then inside of body tube.
- 08/26/2006 – Spray painted model with Krylon Glossy White #1501.
- 06/08/2008 – Cut motor mount tube to 7″ so the U bolt would extend beyond the end when the centering rings were positioned to the length of the fins root edge. Epoxied forward centering ring with 30 minute and positioned the U bolt forward. Filleted the forward side of the centering ring joint. Epoxied motor mount assembly to the body tube. Epoxied 2 of 4 fins to motor mount tube with 5 minute epoxy.
- 06/09/2008 – Removed aft centering ring and epoxied other 2 fins to motor mount. Filleted 2 fin joints.
- 06/10/2008 – Filleted two more fin joints with 30 minute epoxy.
- 06/11/2008 – Finished fin joint fillets.
- 06/19/2008 – Filleted all internal motor mount fin joints. Epoxied aft centering ring in place with 30 minute epoxy. J-B welded 54mm engine retainer to end of motor mount tube.
- 06/20/2008 – Filleted aft ring to body tube and motor mount joints with 30 minute epoxy.
- 06/21/2008 – Filleted fin joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 11/26/2010 – Repaired nose cone by epoxying bulkhead into nose cone.
- 11/27/2010 – Completed filleting holes between nose cone and nose cone bulkhead. Using file, cleaned up edge of nose cone fiberglass liner near end of inner nose cone.
- 09/18/2013 – Repaired fin that broke off cleanly on 09/14/2013 launch. Filleted fin joint.
|04/13/2013||Sod Farm||BS66||D12-3||Good Flight. Long walk to recover. Only a few feet from the Big Bertha.|
|05/11/2013||Sod Farm||BS67||D12-5||Good flight but another longer walk. Fin separated from body tube.|