SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SWSE-002
Basic three fins and a nose cone 18mm rocket. The kit was designed in celebration of their 1-year anniversary selling kits
- Recommended Motors:
- A6-4, A8-5, B6-6, C6-7
- 10/27/2004 –Purchased Squirrel Works Freebird from Squirrel Works for $0.00 (Retail $0.00)
- 12/06/2004 – Took pictures of package and components. Scanned instructions, decals, fin sheet, fin, nose cone and photo card. Measured a few parts no previously measured and added them to page 130 Book #2. Copied fin marking guide and shock cord mount and then cut out each item. Wrapped marking guide around aft end of body tube and marked fin and launch lug positions. Glued engine block using engine tube guide marked 1/4″ from end. While sanding fins, broke one and had to repair it with wood glue. Rounded the leading edge and tapered the trailing edge of each fin. Drew marking guide for fins along the whole body tube with the aid of a door jamb. Also drew the launch lug line about 3″ long between two fins.Glued and filleted each fin in place and even with the aft end of the body tube.. Screwed and glued the Screw eye into the base of the nose cone. Glued shock cord to its mount and then into the main body tube about 2″ from the forward edge.
- 12/07/2004 – Filleted both sides of launch lug. Tied shock cord to screw eye in nose cone.
- 10/30/2005 – Balsa filled fins.
- 08/26/2006 – After sanding, sprayed Krylon Gloss White #1501 onto model.
- 03/15/2022 – Spray painted entire model with Red Primer.