SQUIRREL WORKS Model #SW-014
Step back in time to visit the future with this retro sci-fi rocket, inspired by designs made popular in 1930’s comic strips. Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon would feel right at home piloting this ship in one of their daring adventures. This model rocket features great performance and classic style. Kit includes laser-cut fins and water slide decals. Parachute recovery.
- Length: 15.25″
- Body Diameter: 1.325″
- Weight: 1.5 oz
- Recommended Engines:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-4, C6-5
- Laser-Cut Fins
- Balsa Nose Cone
- Water Slide Decals
- Mylar Parachute
- 04/20/2005 – Purchased Squirrel Works Ajax from Squirrel Works for $18.95 (Retail $18.95)
- 08/17/2006 – Scanned components and recorded measurements on page 46 Book #3.
- 08/18/2006 – Glued centering ring onto motor mount tube, glued engine block in upper motor mount tube and then filleted centering ring joints. Made a copy of the tube marking guide and cut it out of 110# paper. Marked main body tube and drew guide line the entire length of the body tube using a door frame as a guide. Removed wings, tail and fins from stock and rounded leading edges. Tapered trailing edges. Glued the two wings on the guide lines and allowed glue to dry. Filleted on side of wings and glued tail in place.
- 08/22/2006 – Glued fins and launch lug in place. Launch lug was glued 3″ fom aft end of main body tube. Filleted several fin joints and tail joints. Filleted launch lug joints.
- 08/23/2006 – Finished filleting fin joints.
- 08/24/2006 – Glued dowel on tail and filleted joints. Filleted other body tube joints.