This kit is a fantasy sport scale plane called The Maverick by Sunward Model Aerospace. It is single stage and uses an 18″ parachute for recovery.
- 2 sheets of laser-cut balsa fins
- 1 paper printed with duct pattern and wing reenforcement tabs
- Body Tube
- 18″ plastic parachute
- 18mm motor tube w/thrust & centering rings
- Elastic shock cord
- Plastic nose cone
- Launch lug
- Self stick decals
- 03/10/2006 – Purchased Sunward Maverick from JonRockets for $18.95 (Retail $18.65)
- 08/06/2007 – Marked 29mm motor mount tube at 7/*” & 2-15/16″ from the aft end. Slid the fin lok rings and fiber centering rings to the marks. Placed cooling mesh into forward end of motor mount tube. Using 2 hour epoxy, epoxied centering rings and fins loks in place. Epoxied forward gas baffle into the forward end of motor mount tube after screwing screw eye into top and tying one end of shock cord through the eye. Epoxied baffle on body tube joint, fin lok joint and centering ring joints with 2 hour epoxy. Sanded end of motor tube till engine retention fit.
- 08/07/2007 – Ran a bead of 2 hour epoxy just above and below the body tube slits. Applied epoxy to base and rook edges of fins. Turned motor mount tube so it lined up with body tube slots. Attached fins to fin lok tabs.
- 08/10/2007 – Spray painted Gloss White and tip of nose cone Gloss Black.