SPACEX Model #
A 1:88 scale model of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket and payload fairing which is used for delivering satellites to Earth orbit and beyond.
- 08/04/2019 – Purchased SpaceX Falcon 9 & Faring from SpaceX for $37.60 (Retail $37.50)
- 09/27/2019 – Taped engine hook into motor mount slot with aluminum tape. Glued tube coupler into top of lower body tube. Copied instruction sheet with shock cord mount and cut it out
- 09/29/2019 – Glued shock cord mount to middle of faring tube. Tied end of Kevlar to cross member of faring tube adapter. Epoxied nose cone to faring tube.
- 09/30/2019 – Epoxied fin tabs 7mm from aft end of motor mount tube and installed motor mount tube into fin assembly section. Epoxied top of ring. Wrapped faring adapter with several layers of masking tape to fit body tube. Glued adapter to body tube with yellow glue. Applied landing legs to body tube.
- 10/01/2019 – Assembled 18″ parachute and attached swivel.
- Parachute Assembly (18″)
- Cut out parachute along dotted lines
- Peel and attach tape discs to top side of parachute corners. Poke holes through center of tape discs and parachute plastic.
- Cut shroud lines into 4 equal lengths. Tie each end to two adjacent corners of parachute.
- Fold parachute with tape discs together then tie knot into end of shroud lines. Attach snap swivel in end of shroud lines.
- This ends construction of SpaceX Falcon 9 & Faring. Model is now ready for launch.