RED RIVER ROCKETRY Model #K-003
Quarc is a great two-stage model designed for fun! If you’ve
never flown a two-stage rocket before you’re in for a treat! The
payload compartment is big enough to loft your small altimeter
or insect-onaut. Quarc comes with a durable streamer, so those
high altitude flights don’t mean a long-duration walk!
- Length: 19.75″
- Diameter: 0.975″
- Weight: 2.0 oz.
- Fins: Laser Cut
- Decals: Water Slide with Self Stick trim
- Altitude: 2,000′
- Recovery: Plastic Streamer
- Recommended Motors:
- Single Stage:
- A8-3, B4-4, B6-6, C6-7
- Booster Stage:
- B6-0, C6-0
- Upper Stage:
- A8-5, B6-6, C6-7
- Single Stage:
- 03/10/2006 – Purchased Red River Rocketry Quarc from Red River Rocketry for $18.00 (Retail – $18.00).
- 08/16/2006 – Photographic package and parts.
- 08/17/2006 – Scanned components and recorded measurements on Page 44 Book #3.
- 08/18/2006 – First stage: glued centering ring on bottom of motor mount tube even with tube and other centering ring at 1/2″ mark from top end of motor mount tube. Glued engine thrust ting even with bottom of motor tube. Glued assembly into first stage body tube with tubes even with each other. Used template to mark tube fins and launch lug the full length of tube. Glued fins to body tube. Upper Stage: glued upper centering ring and 24″ Kevlar cord so the cord was between the centering ring end and body tube. Tied a knot to the inside end of Kevlar to help hold it in place. Glued a second centering ring 3/4″ from the rear of the motor tube. Filleted the centering ring joints. Marked the body tube using the launch lug template and extended the guidelines the length of the tube. Glued the motor mount tube assembly even with the rear of the upper stage body tube. Glued fins on the fin guide lines.
- 08/21/2006 – Filleted fin joints.
- 08/22/2006 – Finished filleting fin joints.