NCR Model #3512
- Precision linear cut plywood fins
- Heavy duty pre-slotted airframe tube
- Interlocking through the wall fin construction
- Colorful self adhesive decals
- Blow molded plastic nose cone
- Gorilla steel cable shock cord mount
- Length: 52.9″
- Diameter: 3.982″
- Weight: 32 oz.
- # of Fins: 4
- Nose Cone: 2.6:1 Ogive
- Recovery: 36″ Parachute
- 05/27/1999 – Purchased NCR Patriot from Hobbylinc for $55.79 (Retail – $79.99)
- 07/23/2003 – Moved parts and box from house to garage. Sanded last fin round on leading edge and tapered trailing edge. Used dremel tool to sand the fin. Marked motor mount tube with a line. Epoxied rear centering ring in place even with rear edge of motor mount tube and the arrow lined up with single line.
- 07/23/2003 – Epoxied middle centering ring to motor mount tube. Used fins to determine how far from edge to tube to epoxy the middle centering ring. Lined up a mark with line.
- 07/24/2003 – Epoxied upper centering ring 1/2″ from upper end of motor tube.
- 07/26/2003 – Installed cable on upper centering ring and made a 1″ loop for recovery device attachment.
- 07/29/2003 – Masked root edges of fins and applied balsa filler.
- 08/01/2010 – Re-filleted fin joints with 5 minute epoxy. Drew the decal patterns into the body tube. Marked the blank spaces.
- 11/07/2011 – Painted white area on body tube with Krylon Flat White spray paint #1502.
- 11/06/2011 – Painted tan area on body tube with Krylon River Rock spray paint #2323.
- 11/26/2011 – Painted black areas with Krylon Flat Black #RTA9218 spray paint. Masked tan area and repainted the upper body tube with red primer #2490816. Masked nose cone shoulder and spray painted nose cone with Krylon Flat White #1502 spray paint.
|04/08/2012||Sim’s Farm||BS56||H125-8||Good Flight. Went higher than expected. Landed NE of launch area about 850 yards.|
|04/08/2012||Sim’s Farm||BS56||H100-8||Good Flight. Went higher than expected. Landed NE of launch area about 800 yards.|
|03/09/2014||Sod Farm||BS78||I120||Nice and slow lift off.|
|04/26/2014||Sod Farm||BS79||I120||Nice and slow lift off.|
|06/14/2014||Sod Farm||BS81||J293||Good Flight. A bit of a recovery walk.|