MAD COW Model #K111
Water Slide Decal Sheet
Retro Sci-Fi Fin Design
Durable Plastic Nose Cone
Flameproof Chute Protector
Laser Cut Plywood Parts
Kevlar/Nylon Shock Cord
Heavy Duty Body Tube
Recovery: 18″ Nylon Chute
Motor Mount: 29mm
Fins: 1/8″ Plywood
- 12/08/2007 – Purchased Mad Cow Solar Express from Merlin Missiles for $40.00 (Retail – $49.05)
- 01/08/2008 – Took pictures of package and components.
- 01/13/2008 –Measure components. See page 82 Book #3. After sanding one end of motor mount tube, mixed KB Weld and applied to tube. Placed 29mm retainer over epoxy, cleaned off excess and allow to cure. Measure motor mount tube for placement of centering rings by measuring aft end 9/32″ from retainer and measuring 4-1/4″ from first centering ring. Using 30 minute epoxy, attached both centering rings so the excess epoxy was outside of each centering ring. Used 2 hour ejpoxy to affix the motor mount tube into the body tube after epoxying the Kevlar tubing end to the motor mount tube. Used 5 minute epoxy to fillet the aft centering ring to the body tube. Epoxied the fins into the body tube slots with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/15/2008 – Filleted one set of fins with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/18/2008 – Filleted remaining fins with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/24/2008 – Epoxied launch lug 1/2″ from aft end and 1/2″ from forward ends of body tube using 15 minute epoxy. Filleted launch lug joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 05/04/2008 – Sprayed model with Krylon Gray Primer.