MAD COW Model #K-128
High Power Rocket
Heavy Duty Plastic Nose Cone
1/4″ Plywood Laser Cut Fins and Rings
Delrin Rail Buttons
9/16″ Tubular Nylon Shock Cord
Motor Mount: 38mm
Fins: 1/4″ Plywood
- 12/08/2007 – Took pictures of package and contents.
- 01/11/2008 – Scanned components and measured components. See page 80 Book #3. Epoxied retainer onto end of motor mount tube with KB Weld after sanding tube to fit retainer.
- 01/12/2008 – Epoxied centering rings to motor mount tube with 30 minute epoxy. Epoxied motor mount assembly into body tube with 2 hr. epoxy. Attached fins using 30 minute epoxy and filleted fin joints with 5 minute epoxy.
- 01/13/2008 – Filleted aft motor mount centering ring to body tube with 5 minute epoxy. Linda sewed 1/2″ tubular nylon to D link on both ends. Marked body tube half way between fins and drilled each centering ring with #25 bit. screwed rail buttons bolt into hole, removed it and placed 6 drops of 2 hour epoxy into each hole. Rethreaded the bolt into the hole until the button still turnde but was not loose. Attached one end of tubular nylon to eye bolt in upper centering ring.
- 01/20/2008 – Taped nose cone hole with 1/4″ #20 tap. Threaded screw eye into hole and removed it. Epoxied screw eye into hole with 15 minute epoxy. Affixed screw eye with more 15 minute epoxy.
|01/18/2009||Sim’s Farm||BS27||G67R||Jumped off the pad.|
|01/18/2009||Sim’s Farm||BS27||G61W||Nice lazy flight.|
|05/15/2010||ADC Park||BS41||F59-5||CTI 1 grain.|
|05/15/2010||ADC Park||BS41||G57-5||CTI 2 grain.|
|08/07/2010||ADC Park||BS43||G79-6SS||Great black smoke trail on George’s first CTI reload preparation.|
|08/07/2010||ADC Park||BS43||G115-6W||The G got this model up there higher than I expected.|
|09/18/2010||ADC Park||BS44||G78-10||The only model flown from the high power pad.|
|01/09/2011||Sim’s Farm||TRA3||I285R||Early Ejection Separated the Nose Cone and part of the body tube above the fins. All parts were recovered. That was a heck of a zipper.|
|09/17/2011||ADC Park||BS52||G115-9||Good flight. Visitors helped me recover the model NNE of the launch Pad.|